In Bhutan, hot springs are known as Tshachus and are found all over the Kingdom. The medicinal properties of these hot springs have been used by the Bhutanese people for centuries to cure various ailments ranging from arthritis to body aches and even sinuses. It is a popular tradition among Bhutanese to visit hot springs during the winter months.
The five most well known hot springs are:
The Gasa Tshachu
To get to the Gasa Hot Spring visitors must trek for approximately 40 minutes from the nearby road to the springs located on the valley floor. The option to travel half way by vehicle until the village of Damji were it is a beautiful six hour trek to Gasa through gorgeous hills covered in verdant…
Another well known hot spring is the Chubu Tshachu in Punakha. This hot spring is located by the banks of the Pho Chu River and is within a day’s journey from Punakha town.
Dur Tshachu is located in Central Bhutan in Bumthang Dzongkhag. Situated in the village of Dur, this Hot Spring is renowned for its medicinal value and is known to cure body aches.
Then we have the Duenmang Tshachu, situated by the banks of Mangde Chu River. This Hot Spring is especially popular amongst the Khengpa (indeginous ethinic group of Bhutan) population who frequent it regularly
This Hot Spring is mainly frequented by the local residents but in winter people from all over Bhutan journey here to cure themselves of diseases. Visitors can also try out the ancient Bhutanese tradition of ‘Menchu’ or Hot Stone Baths.
Please Note : Although we pride ourselves in constantly maintaining our programme the above mentioned programme is subject to change without prior notice.
- Bhutan Royalties, tourists fees, Visa fees and taxes.
- Accommodations in listed or similar hotels (pleasant hotels 3-4 star type) during the tour and in tents during the trek.
- All meals, including evening tea/coffee etc through-out the trip.
- All land transfers, sightseeing with entrance fees.
- Experienced Culture Tour Guide.
- Bottled water in the vehicle and other camp servces.
- Flights in and out of Bhutan.
- Travel insurance, Drink, Visa fees, Laundry